Forthcoming theatre attractions:
Standing at the Sky’s Edge – Crucible Theatre – 6th April 2019 2.30pm (Fully booked)
The Theatre group have arranged a lunch at Sheffield Catering College on 24th Oct priced at £ 10.00.
The Roy Orbison story – Rotherham Civic Theatre – 6th Oct 2018 7.30pm (Fully booked)
Sat May 5th 2018 – The King & I
Our group went to the Rotherham Civic Theatre to see Rodger’s and Hammerstein’s “The King and I” performed by the Greasbrough Operatic Society’s performance. We thoroughly enjoyed the performance and a usual we all fell in love with the small children in the cast.
March 4th 2018 – Oklahoma
A group of 20 went the Rotherham Civic Theatre to see Wickersley Musical Theatre Company’s presentation of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Oklahoma.
DID YOU KNOW
- Oklahoma broke all box office records when it firs opened in 1943
- The show won more than 35 major awards for the stage version.
- The original production ran for 5yrs and 9 months on Broadway before going on tour of the U S A for 10 years.
- The audience enjoyed excellent performances from Carol Andrews as (Aunt Eller)
- Donald McInnes as (Ali Hakim) Chris Webster as (Curly) and Hannah Ashton as ( Laurey) The cast received a well earned ovation for a excellent performance.